Seeking Trail Volunteers
We are looking for two enthusiastic people to fill critical volunteer positions to support our Trail Workers Group and Trail Adopters. If interested, please send a brief email to email@example.com and we will get in touch with you.
We are looking for an energetic person to help grow and coordinate our Trail Workers volunteer group. This volunteer position will work closely with the Trails Program Manager, the Trails Committee Chair, and all Trail Workers to ensure that GRLT continues to offer great outdoor experiences in the communities we serve. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain the Trail Workers volunteer database
- Help recruit new volunteers
- Ensure Trail Workers are engaged in trail work that matches their interests
- Create a sense of camaraderie, excitement, and appreciation in the Trail Workers group
- Help coordinate trail work days and special trail projects
We expect this volunteer role will take about 5 hours per month. Good familiarity with common computer and social media applications will help ensure success.
We are looking for a dedicated volunteer to help plan and coordinate maintenance and projects on our extensive network of public trails. This volunteer position will work closely with the Trails Program Manager and the Trails Committee Chair to ensure that GRLT continues to offer great outdoor experiences in the communities we serve. Specific responsibilities include:
• Work with volunteer Trail Adopters to assess trail conditions per GRLT standards of care, and identify required work
• Maintain the database of deferred maintenance and projects, and help prioritize work
• Help plan, estimate, and source materials for routine maintenance and special projects
We expect this job will take 5 to 10 hours per month. Good understanding of project management and experience working in landscaping, trail-building or construction will help ensure success.