Make a Tax-Free Gift from your IRA!
Through December 31, 2013, every IRA owner can give up to $100,000 to a qualified charity (like Georges River Land Trust) using the IRA charitable rollover.
• You must be 70 ½ or older when you make your gift.
• Only an outright gift (up to $100,000) made directly from your IRA to Georges River Land Trust by December 31, 2013 is eligible.
• You pay no federal income tax on the withdrawal from your IRA.
• Your gift can count towards all or a portion of your 2013 required minimum distribution.
• Your gift is excluded from your adjusted gross income (“AGI”) – lowering your AGI may provide you with tax advantages.
• Your donation may be designated for a particular purpose, and may be used to satisfy outstanding pledges.
• It’s quick and simple! Just instruct your IRA administrator to send your gift straight from your IRA to Georges River Land Trust. Gifts may be sent via check or cash wire.
It is our hope that Congress will once again pass legislation extending IRA charitable rollovers beyond December 31, 2013. We will continue to keep you updated.
Here is a printable list of the details for you to take advantage of this terrific way to make a difference in our watershed.