Registration – Step 3
You have successfully completed the registration process for the Georges Highland Path Hike-A-Thon. Now you are ready to start fundraising (reminder: all participants must raise a minimum of $100).
We strongly recommend raising your sponsorship money online. It’s paperless, you don’t have to worry about collecting the money, and it’s easier to ask for pledges electronically. Just follow these simple steps:
- CLICK HERE to set up your personal fundraising page.
- Click “Join My Fundraising Team” at the bottom right.
- Establish your account (sign up).
- Create your supporter page.
- Click “Edit” in upper right to edit your fundraising goal, if necessary. Default is $100.
- Click “Manage” in the upper right to post a link to your supporter page to Facebook or Twitter, and send an email to your contacts list.
A few fundraising tips for you:
- Ask Everyone and Anyone!
Ask friends, family, co-workers, neighbors etc. to sponsor you. Send everyone in your contacts list a link to your fundraising page.
- Ask with Energy and Enthusiasm!
Talk about what your involvement means to you. Your excitement and commitment will shine through.
- Set an Example
Choose someone you know to be generous as the first sponsor on your page (this could be you!) This sponsor will serve as an example to your following sponsors.
Off you go and good luck!
Remember, every participant that raises $500 or more will receive a FREE pair of Vasque Breeze 2.0 GTX hiking boots courtesy of Maine Sport Outfitters and Vasque Footwear.
If you prefer to raise your money offline, download a sponsorship pledge form.