Garden Tour – Farewell
It is with a sense of nostalgia and immense gratitude that we have decided to suspend our annual Gardens in the Watershed Tour. We’ve had lots of fun in its 30+-year history, and shared some of the most amazing gardens in the midcoast with you. From Montville to Port Clyde, we’ve toured gardens featuring prodigious perennials, splendid sculptures, exclusive evergreens, fertile farms, and superb scenic vistas.
This yearly event has brought us countless hours of joy as we helped gardeners share their hard work with enthusiasts across the watershed.
Over the years we:
- highlighted 188 glorious gardens in 14 towns
- featured 12 outstanding gardens more than once
- visited the lower watershed 13 times, the middle watershed 10 times, and the upper watershed 6 times
- in 2020, due to the pandemic we offered a virtual film tour showcasing secret gardens from the lower watershed
- were supported by more than 50 business sponsors and 100 donors
- relied on the incredible hard work of more than 250 volunteers!
We hope you learned about the St. George River watershed and all its beauty through this beloved event. Your participation, volunteerism, and energy has contributed to more than 4,000 acres permanently conserved and we hope you’ll continue to support our future conservation and public access projects. We remain eternally grateful to all the volunteers, garden owners, businesses and donors that made this yearly celebration possible. Thank you!
Here are some of our favorite memories from the Gardens in the Watershed Tour through the years.