- This event has passed.
Home Auction – Click to read terms & conditions
December 3, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
10 AM SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2016
HOUSE AT 582 RIVER ROAD, CUSHING
MUST BE MOVED
Previews Saturday, Nov. 12 at 9am – 11 am and Dec. 3 at 9 – 10 am
or by special appointment – call 594-5166
The Georges River Land Trust plans to construct a parking area and new entrance adjacent to the Langlais Sculpture Preserve. We hope this house can find a new family to take it home.
Terms of Sale:
1. The house will be auctioned to the highest bidder as conducted by Bruce Gamage, auctioneer.
2. Minimum bid to be accepted is $1 (one dollar).
3. House is sold “as is” and must be moved off the premises within 60 days.
4. All prospective buyers must hold a number, obtainable on or before the date of the auction with a certified bank check made out to the Georges River Land Trust in the amount of $1,000
5. Checks returned to unsuccessful bidders at the close of the auction
6. The check of the successful bidder will be deposited by the Land Trust. Once the house is removed from the property within the required 60-day timeframe, any balance after the cost of house will be returned to the successful bidder. If additional payment is due to the Land Trust, it must be paid in full prior to removal of the house.
7. Removal must be performed by a qualified contractor who must furnish a certificate of Insurance for $1 million naming the Georges River Land Trust as an also insured prior to any work performed on the property. Auto coverage must be included. Buyer is responsible for permits as needed.
8. Buyer will forfeit deposit and all rights to the building if not removed within 60 days and GRLT will offer the house to other bidders in order of bids received or commence demolition.
9. Bids may be made in writing and are subject to the same terms.
10. Georges River Land Trust assumes no responsibility for the condition of the building prior to or after its sale.